After installing Therion you may try it on example data:
- Download the sample data from Therion web page and unpack it somewhere on
your computer's hard drive.
- Run XTherion (under Unix and MacOS X by typing 'xtherion' in the command
line, under Windows there is a shortcut in the Start menu).
- Open the file 'thconfig' from the sample data directory in the 'Compiler'
window of XTherion
- Press 'F9' or 'compile' in the menu to run Therion on the datayou'll get
some messages from Therion, MetaPost and TeX.
- PDF maps and 3D model are created in the data directory.
Additionally, you may open survey data files (*.th) in the 'Text editor' window
and map data files (*.th2) in the 'Map editor' window of XTherion. The format
of data files is explained in The Therion Book in detail.